Breathlessness is not something to hide away; keeping active and involved with others will help life be as good as possible. Doctors, nurses and physiotherapists can help people manage their breathlessness.
Download our guide to living well with breathlessness
This guide describes some practical things you can try to help manage your breathlessness day to day, including:
- Breathing exercises and the ‘handheld fan’ technique
- Positions to ease breathlessness
- Managing thoughts about breathlessness
- Managing your energy levels
- Getting support to help manage your breathlessness
You can also access more information about getting support to help manage your breathlessness on the Hull York Medical School website.